a RISC processor architecture of the 80s and 90s produced by Inmos, featuring integrated memory and serial communication links, intended for parallel computing. Chess programs running on massive Transputer networks were Moby and Zugzwang.
De Bruijn Network
Zugzwang's distributed parallel search algorithm works for any underlying Transputer network, a De Bruijn like connected network with maximum degree of 4 and a logarithmic diameter is well suited to serve a Transputer interconnection scheme  :
A De Bruijn like connected Transputer network of dimension three
- Oliver Vornberger (1987). Load Balancing in a Network of Transputers. WDAG 1987
- Bernd Steinbach, Nico Kümmling (1990). Effiziente Lösung hochdimensionaler BOOLEscher Probleme mittels XBOOLE auf Transputer. Transputer-Anwender-Treffen 1990 (German)
- Rainer Feldmann, Peter Mysliwietz, Burkhard Monien (1991). A Fully Distributed Chess Program. Advances in Computer Chess 6
- Dominique Thiebaut (1995). Parallel Programming in C for the Transputer.
- Transputer from Wikipedia
- Welcome to transputer.net
- Transputers from Informatics Department Rutherford Appleton Laboratory » Atlas Computer Laboratory
- INMOS TN06 - IMS T800 Architecture
- Ram's Transputer Home Page