Atlas Computer Laboratory
Atlas Computer Laboratory,
at Chilton site, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom was one of the major computer laboratories in the world, which operated between 1961 and 1975 . The Chilton site campus was shared between Atlas Laboratory and the Harwell Atomic Energy Research Establishment. In 1975 the Atlas Computer Laboratory was closed, moving some parts to the Daresbury Laboratory and in 1979 with the Appleton Laboratory to form the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. Since 2007 the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory has been operated by the Science and Technology Facilities Council.
- Advances in Computer Chess 1 (forerunner 1973)
- Atlas Computer Laboratory from Wikipedia
- Computing at Chilton: 1961-2003
- Atlas Computing Division and Engineering: 1975-1984
- Atlas Computer from Wikipedia