was a German representative of Fidelity Electronics, developer of exclusive Fidelity boards such as the Private Line , and owner of Remote Control Systems, a company specialized in tuning of dedicated chess computers. In late 1985, Peter Reckwitz single-handedly marketed the RCS Granit based on an overclocked Fidelity Sensory Chess Challenger 9 with a program by Dan and Kathe Spracklen, and later cooperated with Ossi Weiner on tuning Mephisto and Fidelity computers. Peter Reckwitz died in a car accident on June 15, 1989.
During the round 5 game at the WMCCC 1983 in Budapest, Prestige Challenger versus Mephisto X, Reckwitz had some dispute with Ossi Weiner, but they reconciled the next day after a draw was adjudicated , and later even became business partners.
- Re: 20 Jahre ist es her.........Toll ! by Elvis, ChessBits-Computerschachforum, July 26, 2002 (German, Wayback Machine)
- Remote Control Systems: RCS Granit/Granit S (German)
- Die Geschichte der Firma Fidelity - Teil 2 by Alwin Gruber, Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Die Geschichte der Firma Fidelity - Teil 3 by Alwin Gruber, Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Fidelity Elite A/S from Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Fidelity Elite Privat from Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)