a relatively simple, open source chess engine by George Georgopoulos, compliant to the Chess Engine Communication Protocol and written in C. NG-play uses a 10x12 board, and performs a negamax alpha-beta search with iterative deepening, LMR, futility pruning and null move pruning. Evaluation considers material and mobility in a first pass, and focuses on king safety in the middlegame, as well as passed pawn evaluation in a second pass . The engine was written from scratch, the XBoard and opening book code inspired by Tom Kerrigan's TSCP. Bruce Moreland is credited since his programming topics site  helped in writing the code to collect the principal variation .
- From version 8.0, search algorithm changed to NegaScout
- From version 9.0, a simple transposition table scheme is used
- A not very recent Greek chess engine by Ruxy Sylwyka, CCC, December 03, 2012
- Author of NGplay_61 should give credit to tscp by User923005, OpenChess Forum, December 05, 2012
- new chess computer: CT800 by Rasmus Althoff, CCC, September 05, 2016 » CT800
- NGplay 9.87 64-bit released by Graham Banks, CCC, February 25, 2017