an UCI compliant chess engine by Gábor Mihály, written in C++. First released as free engine in November 2012, and available as 64 and 32 bit Windows executable , Tigran's development already started in 2005 , and had its tournament debut at the Hungarian Sakkprogramok Versenye 2008.
Tigran is a bitboard engine and applies kindergarten bitboards to determine sliding piece attacks. The search is PVS alpha-beta with transposition table, null move pruning and late move reductions inside an iterative deepening framework. Beside the dominating material term, the basic evaluation considers king safety, mobility and pawn structure.
- Tigran - Home (Wayback Machine)
- Engine Download List from Ron Murawski's Computer-Chess Wiki
- Tigran in CCRL 40/15
- Tigran (disambiguation) from Wikipedia
- Tigran Gharamian from Wikipedia
- Tigran Petrosian from Wikipedia
- Tigran L. Petrosian from Wikipedia
- Tigran Quintet - The Glass-Hearted Queen, Angel City Jazz Festival's 'Global Jam', John Anson Ford Amphitheatre, L.A. County, October 01, 2011, YouTube Video