Winners of the Mephisto Best-Publication Award by Hegener & Glaser, 1988-1992:
- Thomas Anantharaman, Murray Campbell, Feng-hsiung Hsu (1988). Singular extensions: Adding Selectivity to Brute-Force Searching. AAAI Spring Symposium, Computer Game Playing, also published in ICCA Journal, Vol. 11, No. 4, republished (1990) in Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 99-109
- Don Beal (Editor) (1989). Advances in Computer Chess 5.
- Feng-hsiung Hsu (1990). Large Scale Parallelization of Alpha-Beta Search: An Algorithmic and Architectural Study with Computer Chess. Ph.D. thesis, Technical report CMU-CS-90-108, Carnegie Mellon University
- Tony Scherzer, Linda Scherzer, Dean Tjaden (1990). Learning in Bebe. Computers, Chess, and Cognition » Bebe
- Thomas Anantharaman (1991). Extension Heuristics. ICCA Journal, Vol. 14, No. 2
- Jos Uiterwijk (1992). The Countermove Heuristic. ICCA Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1