Soei T. Tan,
an Indonesian computer scientist and independent IT and services professional . While working at the University of Edinburgh  in the 70s, his research interests covered knowledge representation of very simple chess endgames like KPK, and Pawn Structure.
- Soei T. Tan (1972). Representation of Knowledge for Very simple Endings in Chess. Memorandum MIP-R-98, School of Artificial Intelligence, University of Edinburgh
- Soei T. Tan (1973). A Knowledge Based Program to play Chess Endgames. in Alex Bell (ed.) (1973). Computer Chess. Proceedings May 1973 Meeting on chess playing by computer. Science Research Council, Atlas Computer Laboratory, pp. 81-88
- Soei T. Tan (1974). Kings, Pawn and Bishop. Technical Report MIP-R-108, Department of Machine Intelligence, University of Edinburgh
- Soei T. Tan (1976). The winning program. Firbush News 5 (chess supplement), MIRU, pp. 38-45, University of Edinburgh
- Soei T. Tan (1977). Describing Pawn Structures. Advances in Computer Chess 1, pp. 74-88