Smash, (Deep Smash)
an UCI compliant open source chess engine written by Maurizio Sambati in C++, distributed under the terms of the General Public License. Smash played the CIPS 2004, CCC 2005, CIPS 2005, CIPS 2007 Italian Computer Chess Championships.
Smash is a bitboard engine and uses rotated bitboards with 256 line occupancy states to generate sliding piece attacks. While earlier WinBoard versions used MTD(f), since 1.0 the Iterative deepening framework calls a principal variation search. Structured exception handling is used to catch terminate- and timer exceptions thrown elsewhere. Selectivity is applied with adaptive null move, futility- and delta pruning, check- and one reply extensions. A capture entering the pawn endgame is extended by two plies. Beside moves from the transposition table, and MVV-LVA for captures, move ordering is controlled by killer- and history heuristic. Evaluation determines positional aspects with piece-square tables, and considers pawn structure, king safety and various positional piece terms.
- Has anyone ever heard of an engine called Smash? by bigo, CCC, December 27, 2007
- Re: interested in making single proccesor program multi by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, December 29, 2007
- Smash (single-CPU/SMP) by Maurizio Sambati by Norbert Raimund Leisner, CCC, August 31, 2008
- Last Smash version? (for the RWBC chronology) by Günther Simon, CCC, May 10, 2016
- smash - Wiktionary
- smashing - Wiktionary
- smash - Wiktionary.simple
- The Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One (1990) , YouTube Video