John A. Tamplin,
an American software engineer at Square, and before at Google, Inc. He holds an M.Sc. in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology in 1988, was freelance programmer, owner and co-owner of various startups, and worked as Unix Systems Administrator at Emory University . John Tamplin and his wife own Deep Thought Games, LLC , a small company in selling hand-made board games, with emphasis of the 18XX genre.
John Tamplin collaborated with Guy Haworth, Christoph Wirth, and Peter Karrer on Endgame Tablebases with Depth to Mate (DTM) and Depth to Conversion (DTC) metrics. Data on percentage results, maximals and mutual zugzwangs, has been filed and made available on the web, as have the DTM EGTs .
- John Tamplin, Guy Haworth (2001). Ken Thompson's 6-man Tables. ICGA Journal, Vol. 24, No. 2
- Guy Haworth, Peter Karrer, John Tamplin, Christoph Wirth (2001). 3-5-man chess: Maximals and mzugs. ICGA Journal, Vol. 24, No. 4
- John Tamplin, Guy Haworth (2003). Chess Endgames: Data and Strategy. Advances in Computer Games 10
- Marc Bourzutschky, John Tamplin, Guy Haworth (2005). Chess endgames: 6-man data and strategy. Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 349, No. 2
- John Tamplin | LinkedIn
- John A. Tamplin - Google Scholar Citation
- John A. Tamplin - Google+
- Chess Archives - Endgames (DTC, DTM, DTZ, DTZ-50) hosted by John Tamplin