Dragon by Komodo Chess
Dragon by Komodo Chess, (KomodoDragon, Komodo Dragon)
a version of Komodo which combines an NNUE based evaluation with Komodo's search, either classical alpha-beta as well as MCTS. Dragon was announced on November 02, 2020, and released as Dragon by Komodo Chess on November 10, 2020. Strength improvements for both search modes were given in the 150 (4 threads) to 190 (one thread) Elo range .
Dragon is the work of Larry Kaufman and Mark Lefler, who superseded original Komodo author Don Dailey after his death on November 22, 2013, further supported by Dmitry Pervov and Dietrich Kappe concerning the NNUE inference code and training data. The neural network was trained supervised by chess Grandmaster Larry Kaufman, along with reinforcement learning considering billions of positions and evaluations from Komodo games. Chess.com supported the project financially .
- Lizard-NNUE Experiment NOT bad with NNUE Net Evaluation... by Nancy M Pichardo, CCC, July 15, 2020
- Komodo 14.1 Release and Dragon Announcement by Larry Kaufman, CCC, November 02, 2020 » NNUE
- Dragon by Komodo Chess by Larry Kaufman, CCC, November 10, 2020
- "Komodo dragon" by Warren D. Smith, FishCooking, November 11, 2020
- Re: Speculations about NNUE development (was New engine releases 2020) by Connor McMonigle, CCC, November 12, 2020
- Re: Speculations about NNUE development (was New engine releases 2020) by Connor McMonigle, CCC, November 12, 2020 » NNUE, Seer, Halogen
- Komodo Chess Engine
- Komodo chess engine - Dragon
- Komodo Releases Powerful New 'Dragon' Chess Engine - Chess.com, November 11, 2020