a Taiwanese computer scientist affiliated with the National Taiwan Normal University. His research interests include machine learning and computer games. He is author and co-author of Chinese Dark Chess, Surakarta, Outer-Open Gomoku, Othello and Nonogram playing and solving programs, participating and winning at ICGA and TAAI tournaments.
Along with Shun-Shii Lin and Chih-Hung Chen, Yen-Chi Chen elaborated on an exact-win strategy for overcoming AlphaZero in a Monte-Carlo Tree Search, that makes use of sub-tree's information (WIN, LOSS, DRAW, and UNKNOWN) to prune unneeded moves to increase the opportunities of discovering the critical moves .
- Chih-Hung Chen, Shun-Shii Lin, Yen-Chi Chen (2017). An algorithmic design and implementation of outer-open gomoku. ICCCS 2017
- Yen-Chi Chen, Jia-Fong Yeh, Shun-Shii Lin (2018). Design and implementation aspects of a Surakarta program. CG 2018, ICGA Journal, Vol. 40, No. 4
- Yen-Chi Chen, Chih-Hung Chen, Shun-Shii Lin (2018). Exact-Win Strategy for Overcoming AlphaZero. CIIS 2018
- Yen-Chi Chen, Shun-Shii Lin (2019). A fast nonogram solver that won the TAAI 2017 and ICGA 2018 tournaments. ICGA Journal, Vol. 41, No. 1
- Yen-Chi Chen, Shun-Shii Lin (2020). Requiem wins Nonogram tournament. ICGA Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1 » 22nd Computer Olympiad
- Tristan Cazenave, Yen-Chi Chen, Guan-Wei Chen, Shi-Yu Chen, Xian-Dong Chiu, Julien Dehos, Maria Elsa, Qucheng Gong, Hengyuan Hu, Vasil Khalidov, Cheng-Ling Li, Hsin-I Lin, Yu-Jin Lin, Xavier Martinet, Vegard Mella, Jeremy Rapin, Baptiste Roziere, Gabriel Synnaeve, Fabien Teytaud, Olivier Teytaud, Shi-Cheng Ye, Yi-Jun Ye, Shi-Jim Yen, Sergey Zagoruyko (2020). Polygames: Improved zero learning. ICGA Journal, Vol. 42, No. 4
- Yen-Chi Chen | LinkedIn
- Yen-Chi Chen | National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei | NTNU | Department of Computer science & Information Engineering
- zxkyjimmy (Yen-Chi Chen) · GitHub