PsycoChess, (Psyco Chess)
an open source chess engine by Massimo Zizi, written in Java and released in June 2004 under the GPL. PsycoChess applies rotated bitboards, and a 4 ply fixed depth alpha-beta without iterative deepening and quiescence. A transposition table is used a the root only. Instead of negamax or indirect recursion via max and min-routines, a boolean parameter is passed to the direct recursive search whether it is a max or min player . The rudimentary Evaluation considers material, and piece-square tables and some pawn structure terms .
- Java xboard/winboard chess engine psychochess by Dann Corbit, Winboard Forum, July 14, 2004
- Does somebody have a win compatible compile of PsycoChess by Dr. Axel Schumacher, Winboard Forum, November 25, 2004
- New engines: PsycoChess and Tarrasch Toy Engine by Ron Murawski, Winboard Forum, April 25, 2009
- Psyco Chess - A GNU Java Chess Engine download | SourceForge.net (PsycoChess 1.38)
- Psyco Chess - A GNU Java Chess Engine download | SourceForge.net, PsycoChess.tar.gz/BestMove.java
- Psyco Chess - A GNU Java Chess Engine download | SourceForge.net, PsycoChess.tar.gz/Scacchiera.java