a Swedish computer scientist and chess programmer. He is author of MLChess, a machine language chess program for the HP 48 series of Graphing calculators , developed since 1995  , and the UCI compliant Java open source chess engine CuckooChess, both under the GPL. Peter Österlund further ported Stockfish to the Android platform, called DroidFish, with GUI and opening book code, derived from CuckooChess .
In March 2012, Peter Österlund announced and published his new engine Texel. Texel 1.00 was functionally equivalent to an unreleased version of CuckooChess. The main difference is that Texel is written in C++11 instead of Java .
- MLChess V1.01 by Peter Österlund, comp.sys.hp48, December 17, 1995
- MLChess 1.09 by Peter Österlund, comp.sys.hp48, May 08, 1999
- Re: Revolutionizing handheld chess: Glaurung 2 for the iPhone by Peter Österlund, CCC, July 08, 2010
- Summary of Monte Carlo results for perft(12) so far by Peter Österlund, CCC, August 13, 2011
- CuckooChess 1.12 by Peter Österlund, CCC, October 24, 2011
- New chess engine: Texel by Peter Österlund, CCC, March 24, 2012
- Elo versus speed by Peter Österlund, CCC, April 02, 2012 » Diminishing Returns
- Recursive DTS-like search algorithm by Peter Österlund, CCC, July 24, 2013 » Parallel Search, Recursion
- Time to depth measuring tool by Peter Österlund, CCC, July 28, 2013 » Depth, Parallel Search
- The texel evaluation function optimization algorithm by Peter Österlund, CCC, January 31, 2014 » Automated Tuning, Texel's Tuning Method
- How texel probes endgame tablebases by Peter Österlund, CCC, July 16, 2016 » Gaviota Tablebases, Syzygy Bases, Texel
- Lazy SMP and "lazy cluster" experiments by Peter Österlund, CCC, August 06, 2017 » Lazy SMP - Lazy Cluster
- Welcome to Peter Österlund's home page!
- CuckooChess - A Java Chess Program
- Apps von Peter Österlund - Android Market