a Chess Engine Communication Protocol compliant open source chess engine under the GNU General Public License  by Alessandro Scotti, written in C++ and first released in September 2004 . Executables are available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
Kiwi uses bitboards as basic board representation, and generates sliding piece attacks with rotated bitboards. It performs MTD(f) with null move pruning, killer and history heuristic, and transposition table. The evaluation considers development, Fruit like mobility, and pawn structure utilizing a pawn hash table, with focus on passed pawns and pawn races.
[Event "Chess Computer Cup"] [Site "Bologna"] [Date "2005.09.25"] [Round "6"] [White "Kiwi 0.6b RC10"] [Black "Chiron v0.4.1"] [Result "1-0"] 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e3 O-O 5.Bd3 d5 6.a3 Bxc3+ 7.bxc3 dxc4 8.Bxc4 c5 9.Nf3 Qc7 10.Ba2 Nbd7 11.Bb2 b5 12.Qe2 Rb8 13.O-O Bb7 14.Rac1 Rfd8 15.Rfd1 c4 16.Bb1 Be4 17.Nd2 Bxb1 18.Rxb1 Nf8 19.a4 bxa4 20.Nxc4 Ng6 21.Nd2 Qa5 22.Qd3 Ng4 23.h3 Nf6 24.c4 Qa6 25.Ba3 h6 26.Rxb8 Rxb8 27.Rb1 Rxb1+ 28.Qxb1 Nd7 29.Qb4 f5 30.g4 fxg4 31.hxg4 Nf6 32.g5 hxg5 33.Nf3 Qc8 34.Nxg5 e5 35.f3 Nh4 36.Kf2 exd4 37.exd4 Kh8 38.d5 a5 39.Qd6 Nf5 40.Qf4 Nh5 41.Qg4 Nf6 42.Nf7+ Kg8 43.Nh6+ Kh8 44.Qxf5 Qxc4 45.Nf7+ Kg8 46.Ng5 Qc3 47.Kg2 Qd2+ 48.Kh3 Qe1 49.Qc8+ Qe8 50.Qxe8+ Nxe8 51.d6 Nf6 52.Ne4 Nd7 53.Nc5 Ne5 54.d7 Nc6 55.Nb7 Kf7 56.d8=N+ Nxd8 57.Nxd8+ Kf6 58.Kg4 g5 59.Nf7 1-0
- Kiwi 0.1b by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, September 18, 2004
- Kiwi for Win98 and input-reading stuff by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, September 29, 2004 » Windows, C++, Thread
- Kiwi 0.2a with opening book is available by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, October 06, 2004
- Kiwi 0.3a by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, November 12, 2004
- Kiwi 0.3b by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, November 17, 2004
- Kiwi 0.4a by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, January 10, 2005
- Re: late move reductions by Alessandro Scotti, CCC, March 01, 2006 » Late Move Reductions
- Kiwi (disambiguation) from Wikipedia
- Kiwifruit from Wikipedia
- Actinidia deliciosa from Wikipedia
- Kiwi (bird) from Wikipedia