a Japanese computer scientist at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST) and before at Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu, with research interests in Endgame Search, Game-refinement theory, Mah Jong, killer-tree heuristic and lambda-search method. He is member of Hiroyuki Iida's games laboratory, where he wrote the Lines of Action program (T-T), which participated at the 7th and 8th Computer Olympiad. The program uses realization-probability search .
Jun Nagashima received his Ph.D. Towards master-level play of Shogi from JAIST , which covers the broad range of aspects in developing a strong Shogi program, specially referring Tacos, the four times Gold medal winner at Computer Olympiads, where Jun Nagashima is also member of the team headed by Tsuyoshi Hashimoto.
- Jun Nagashima (2002). Realization-Probability Search: Its application to Shogi and LOA. 7th Computer Olympiad Workshop
- Masahumi Taketoshi, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Yoichiro Kajihara, Jun Nagashima, Hiroyuki Iida (2002). Realization-Probability Search in Computer Shogi. 7th Game Programming Workshop (Japanese)
- Makoto Sakuta, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Jun Nagashima, Hiroyuki Iida (2002). Endgame-search techniques developed in shogi: application to Lines of Action. JCIS 2002
- Jun Nagashima, Masahumi Taketoshi, Yoichiro Kajihara, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Hiroyuki Iida (2002). An Efficient Use of Piece-Square Tables in Computer Shogi.
- Makoto Sakuta, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Jun Nagashima, Jos Uiterwijk, Hiroyuki Iida (2002). Application of the killer-tree heuristic and the lambda-search method to lines of action. Information Sciences, Vol. 154, Nos. 3-4,
- Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Jun Nagashima, Makoto Sakuta, Jos Uiterwijk, Hiroyuki Iida (2003). Automatic realization-probability search. Internal report, Dept. of Computer Sciences, Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu
- Hiroyuki Iida, Kazutoshi Takahara, Jun Nagashima, Yoichiro Kajihara, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto (2004). An Application of Game-Refinement Theory to Mah Jong. ICEC'2004
- Jun Nagashima (2007). Towards master-level play of Shogi. Ph.D. thesis, Supervisor Hiroyuki Iida, JAIST, pdf