Henricus Joannes Jacobus (Harry) Nefkens, a Dutch computer scientist born in Schiedam, The Netherlands in 1952. His interest in Computer Chess came when he started his study on the TH Delft (now Delft University of Technology). He is co-author of the programs Pion, Dutch and Much, participating at various World Computer Chess Championships in the 80s . His main contribution was the opening book. Several articles in the ICCA Journal were published. Still an active visitor of the Computer Olympiads and conferences and since his retirement on Jan 1st 2009 trying to find more time on computer games.
- Harry Nefkens, Jaap van den Herik en Bob Herschberg (1984). De openingsbibliotheek van het schaakprogramma PION. THD rapport (Dutch)
- Harry Nefkens (1985). Constructing Data Bases to Fit a Microcomputer. ICCA Journal, Vol. 8, No. 4
- Harry Nefkens (1986). Performance of multiple CICS/VS address spaces in MVS/XA. MSc. thesis promoted by Bob Herschberg.
- Harry Nefkens (1991). How to Win with a Knight Ahead. ICCA Journal, Vol. 14, No. 4
- David Levy, Harry Nefkens (1992). Before Databases. ICCA Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1