an early chess program developed by NASA researcher Chris Daly  with help from Kenneth L. King, co-founder of Information Displays, Inc. (IDI)   , the designer and manufacturer of the stand-alone computer-aided design (CAD) platform IDIIOM (IDI Input-Output Machine)  .
Daly CP participated the First United States Computer Chess Championship 1970 in New York and became runner-up behind Chess 3.0. It won its games versus Schach and Wita, and lost from Coko III. Unlike the other programs with communication links to their mainframe computers, the IDIIOM workstation was on site at New York Hilton .
Daly CP was written in assembly language to run on the IDIIOM system based on a Varian 620/i minicomputer  . The program required 4KByte of memory and searched all moves to depth of 4 ply. Essentially, it was an implementation of the Shannon Type A Strategy . Along with J. Biit which was operated through a chess GUI written at Columbia University for the IBM 2250 Display Unit , Daly CP was one of the first chess programs with a Graphical User Interface.
[Event "ACM 1970"] [Site "New York, USA"] [Date "1970.09.02"] [Round "3"] [White "Wita"] [Black "Daly CP"] [Result "0-1"] 1.e3 e5 2.d4 Qg5 3.h4 Qf6 4.Qf3 Bb4+ 5.Nc3 Qxf3 6.Nxf3 Bxc3+ 7.Bd2 Bxb2 8.Rb1 e4 9.Ne5 Ba3 10.Bb4 Bxb4+ 11.c3 Bxc3+ 12.Kd1 d6 13.Bb5+ Ke7 14.Kc2 dxe5 15.Kxc3 Be6 16.d5 Bxd5 17.Bc4 Bxc4 18.Kxc4 b6 19.Rbd1 Nd7 20.f3 exf3 21.Rd2 Ngf6 0-1
- Chess in Space - NASA 1970 First Chess Experiments from Carolus Chess
- Classic Computer Chess - ... The programs of yesteryear by Carey, hosted by the Internet Archive 
- Picture dated November 14, 1970, Chess in Space - NASA 1970 First Chess Experiments from Carolus Chess
- 14.Unique Computers: Flickr by Chewbanta
- Woodrow W. Bledsoe (1970). First U.S. computer chess tournament. ACM SIGART Bulletin, No. 24
- An Interview with Carl Machover (pdf) by Philip Frana, June 20, 2002
- Carl Machover, Computer Graphics Pioneer, Dies at 84, White Plains, NY (PRWEB) March 07, 2012
- SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION - NEWS DIGEST, June 7, 1967 (pdf) INFORMATION DISPLAYS PROPOSES OFFERING
- Don Bissell (1998). Was the IDIIOM the First Stand-Alone CAD Platform? IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, Vol. 20, No. 2
- Special Events for Association for Computing Machinery, 25th National Conference (pdf), hosted by The Computer History Museum
- The Minicomputer Orphanage
- Varian Data Machines from The Computer History Museum
- Monroe Newborn (1975). Computer Chess. Academic Press, New York, N.Y. ISBN 0-125-17250-8.
- Recollections of CUCC 1968-70 -The CCCP Chess Program
- PGN Download NACCC from Computerschaak/Downloads/Games hosted by CSVN
- Re: Old programs CHAOS and USC by Dann Corbit, CCC, July 11, 2015