an American software engineer who worked on the Checkout and Launch Control System (CLCS) project  for Space Shuttle, NASA . While affiliated with the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) in the 90s, he worked along with Robert Levinson on the Morph project.
- Robert Levinson, John Amenta (1993). MORPH, An Experience-Based Adaptive Chess System. ICCA Journal, Vol. 16, No. 1
- John Amenta, Robert Levinson (1994). Morph Interactive User Guide. Third PEIRCE Workshop : A Conceptual Graph Workbench 
- Lesson(s) Learned: KSC Checkout and Launch Control System (CLCS) - Project, Systems, SM&A
- John Amenta (@jamenta) | Twitter
- Levinson - Publications
- Gerard Ellis, Robert Levinson (1993). The Birth of PEIRCE: A Conceptual Graphs Workbench. Conceptual Structures: Theory and Implementation, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 754, zipped ps