Excalibur LCD Chess
Excalibur LCD Chess, (Excalibur 375-1 LCD Computer Chess)
a dedicated travel chess computer by Excalibur Electronics, released in 2000 . The computer consists of a Samsung KS57C21516 controller with a SAM47 4-bit core  at 1.5 MHz with 16 KiB ROM and 544 nibbles of RAM, and a LCD board and button panel including the central eight-direction rocker button to interact with the user. The program and the new housing was developed and designed by Ron Nelson during his sabbatical in late 1999 . The 4-bit program applies sophisticated PV move and killer move ordering heuristics , to become the base program used for subsequent Excalibur models like King Arthur, Igor II, the Excalibur Chess Station, LCD Chess & Checkers and many others.
Talking LCD Chess
Excalibur's Talking LCD Chess on the other hand was a relative of the 6502 line of Nelson programs as used in Ivan II The Conqueror and Alexandra The Great. It was released in 2002 with a Sunplus SPL191B-063A controller at 3 MHz with 256 KiB ROM and 704 bytes RAM.
LCD Chess Express
A further model of Nelson's 6502 line, LCD Chess Express, released in 2005 with a Sunplus SPLB33A controller at 4MHz, 64 KiB ROM 1216 bytes RAM.
- Alexandra The Great
- Excalibur Chess Station
- Excalibur Igor
- Excalibur King Arthur
- Ivan II The Conqueror
- Ron Nelson by ChessChallenger, Hiarcs Forum, December 23, 2015 » Fidelity Electronics, Sidney Samole
- Re: Ron Nelson by ChessChallenger, Hiarcs Forum, December 24, 2015
- Ron Nelson & Talking Chess Computers by ChessChallenger, Hiarcs Forum, January 02, 2016
- Excalibur Chess Products Ron Nelson designed/programmed by ChessChallenger, Hiarcs Forum, January 05, 2016
- Excalibur Model 375-1 LCD Computer Chess (2001) Electronic Travel Chess Computer, The Spacious Mind
- Excalibur Model 375-2 LCD Chess & Checkers (2003) Electronic Travel Chess Computer, The Spacious Mind
- Excalibur LCD Chess - Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Excalibur LCD Chess Express - Schachcomputer.info Wiki
- Excalibur LCD Chess Page by Tobias Giesen
- Excalibur LCD Chess vs. GameBoy ChessMaster by Chris Kantack
- alking LCD Chess - A Review by Chris Kantack
- Шахматный компьютер LCD Excalibur 375, February 5, 2019, YouTube Video