a French computer scientist, game researcher and programmer at Paris 8 University, a 5 Dan Go player , and along with Bruno Bouzy and Tristan Cazenave one of the pioneers in Monte-Carlo Tree Search  and its application in Computer Go . Bernard Helmstetter is author of the Lines of Action program BING (Bing Is Not Gnuchess), which re-utilize large parts of code from GNU Chess, and the Go program Oleg.
- Bruno Bouzy, Bernard Helmstetter (2003). Monte Carlo Go Developments. Advances in Computer Games 10, pdf
- Bernard Helmstetter, Tristan Cazenave (2003). Searching with analysis of dependencies in a solitaire card game. Advances in Computer Games 10, pdf
- Bernard Helmstetter, Tristan Cazenave (2004). Incremental Transpositions. CG 2004, pdf
- Tristan Cazenave, Bernard Helmstetter (2005). Combining tactical search and Monte-Carlo in the game of Go. IEEE CIG 2005, pdf
- Tristan Cazenave, Bernard Helmstetter (2005). Search for transitive connections. Information Sciences, Vol. 175 No. 4, pdf