a WinBoard compatible chess engine by Vadim Bykov, written in C and first released in November 2004. Zeus performs iterative deepening with aspiration windows and transposition table along with null move pruning, futility and extended futility pruning, check and singular extensions. Move ordering is improved by killer and history heuristic, as well as SEE to determine winning and equal captures. The evaluation has smooth transitions between game phases, and beside material and bad trades, focuses on king safety and (unstoppable) passed pawns . Zeus had its over the board debut at the CCCCISC 2008.
- New engine from Russia... by Leo Dijksman, Winboard Forum, November 14, 2004
- New version Zeus 1.04 by Vadim Bykov! by Serge, Winboard Forum, December 19, 2004
- New Zeus 1.13! by Serge, Winboard Forum, April 11, 2005
- Gauntlets Liste B 5' + 5" Zeus v1.23 new entry ! Report and games by Karl-Heinz Söntges, CCC, February 03, 2006
- Index of /chess/engines/Norbert's collection/Zeus (Compilation) by Norbert Raimund Leisner, hosted by Kirill Kryukov
- Зевс Вадима Быкова, Россия from sdchess.ru
- Zeus in CCRL 40/40