an Australian IT professional and computer chess programmer. He is author of TRACE, an acronym for Tracey & Ross' Australian Chess Engine, which began in November 2002 as a Chess Engine Communication Protocol compatible chess engine based on Tom Kerrigan's TSCP 1.73 code. Ross Boyd has been hooked on computer chess since 1983. The desire to write a chess program drove him to learn the art of computer programming and led to a 25+ year IT career. His first engine written in GFA Basic on an Atari ST chose moves randomly from a list of legal moves .
- Bounds... when is an exact score an EXACT score? by Ross Boyd, CCC, August 01, 2003 » Exact Score
- Amazing, Fruit 2 needs several mins to solve Fine 70 by Ross Boyd, CCC, March 17, 2005 » Fruit, Lasker-Reichhelm Position
- Rybka v TRACE 1.35..... 19.5 - 0.5 @ 1+1 bullet by Ross Boyd, CCC, December 05, 2005 » Rybka
- TRACE v Gerbil in Larsson EG suite 30-10 @ 40/1' by Ross Boyd, CCC, January 02, 2006 » Gerbil
- Good Example of Horizon effect in Eval by Ross Boyd, CCC, February 02, 2008 » Horizon Effect