an Indian Canadian computer scientist, artificial intelligence researcher and professor emeritus in computer science at the Concordia University in Montreal with research interests on expert systems and pattern recognition. In his 1985 paper along with Agata Muszycka-Jones An empirical comparison of pruning strategies in game trees, NegaScout and PVS was concluded superior to Alpha-Beta in practice  .
- Rajjan Shinghal (1977). Contextual Information to Improve Performance of Character Recognition Machines. Ph.D. thesis, McGill University
- Rajjan Shinghal (1983). A hybrid algorithm for contextual text recognition. Pattern Recognition, Vol. 16, No. 2
- Agata Muszycka, Rajjan Shinghal (1985). An empirical comparison of pruning strategies in game trees. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol. 15, No. 3
- Rajjan Shinghal (1991). Formal Concepts in Artificial Intelligence: Fundamentals. Chapman & Hall, amazon.com
- Ching Y. Suen, Rajjan Shinghal (1992). Operational Expert System Applications in Canada. Pergamon Press
- Rajjan Shinghal (2006). Pattern Recognition, Techniques and Applications. Oxford University Press
- Rajjan Shinghal (2013). Introduction to Fuzzy Logic. amazon.com