Peter W. Gillgasch,
a German computer scientist, software developer and former computer chess programmer. In 1992, while undergraduate at University of Karlsruhe he developed the Pascal predecessor of a computer chess program which later evolved to DarkThought after he joined forces with Ernst A. Heinz in 1993 and later in 1994 with Markus Gille. Gillgasch created rotated bitboards with a different diagonal mapping than Robert Hyatt, later described by Heinz  . He left the DarkThought team in April 1996   .
- Re: World Championship of Computers by Peter Gillgasch, rgcc, July 04, 1995 » WCCC 1995
- Re: Quiescence search problems by Peter Gillgasch, rgcc, August 2, 1995
- Re: Chess programming using bitboards by Peter Gillgasch, rgcc, August 18, 1995
- Drawn games (Was Re: Transposition table) by Peter Gillgasch, rgcc, February 06, 1996
- bit parallelism (WAS: Programming Language Complexity) by Peter Gillgasch, Computer Programming Language Forum - C Language, September 18, 1997
- Re: DB NPS (anyone know the position used)? by Peter W. Gillgasch, CCC, January 25, 2000 » Deep Blue, Nodes per Second