a chess engine by Luca Naddei, written in C and Assembly for a PIC24 16-bit microcontroller    at 70 Mhz with 512 KiB of flash ROM and 48 KiB RAM. It was intended to become the chess playing part of a dedicated chess computer, communicating via PICs integrated UART using a protocol which incorporates the Chess Engine Communication Protocol . PICcolino had its over the board debut at the IGT 2017 already as dedicated unit and further played the IGT 2018.
- Discussione: PICcolino by Luca Naddei, G 6 Forum, January 20, 2017 (Italian)
- Piccolino (WB) by Luca Naddei by Norbert Raimund Leisner , CCC, January 04, 2018
- piccolino - Wiktionary
- Piccolino no Bōken from Wikipedia
- Poppa Piccolino from Wikipedia
- Mina - Fly Away, Piccolino (2011), YouTube Video