a Swedish electrical engineer, M.Sc. from Lund University in 1999 , and as computer chess programmer author of the Chess Engine Communication Protocol and UCI compliant chess engine Marvin, originally developed in the early 2000s until 2005, first released in May 2004 . After ten years "out of business", Martin Danielsson restarted the development in 2015 - the completely rewritten Marvin 2.0.0 was released as open source engine under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL3) in March 2017 .
- Marvin - new Winboard engine by Martin Danielsson, Winboard Forum, May 09, 2004
- Marvin 1.3.0 by Martin Danielsson, Winboard Forum, January 01, 2005
- Re: Command line tool to play engine matches by Martin Danielsson, Winboard Forum, January 26, 2005
- Marvin 2.0.0 released by Martin Danielsson, CCC, March 21, 2017
- Marvin 3.0.0 by Martin Danielsson, CCC, February 10, 2018
- Marvin 3.4.0 by Martin Danielsson, CCC, July 09, 2019