a sophisticated and free chess program for Apple Macintosh computers developed by Wim van Beusekom. The chess engine was written in 68020 Assembly  and subsequent versions for the PowerPC . MacChess competed the DOCCC 1995, the DOCCC 1996 and the Aegon 1997 Human-Machine tournament.
- MacChess 2.5 is out! (released 8/1/96) by Richard A. Fowell, rgcc, August 3, 1996
- MacChess 5.0 PPC now at AOL by Richard A. Fowell, rgcc, December 14, 1998
- MacChess for Mac - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
- Download MacChess - Macintosh Garden
- ATPM 5.09 - Reviews: Shareware Roundup - In Search of the Perfect Chess Mate by William Lovett