Garth Courtois Jr.
Garth E. Courtois Jr., (1949 - June 29, 1996) 
was an American chess programmer and chess organizer and player from Royal Oak, Michigan and since the late 70s from Boulder Colorado. At the Michigan State University, Garth wrote the ETAOIN SHRDLU Chess Program for the Nova 1200 minicomputer , competing at the ACM 1975 and ACM 1976.
- Garth Courtois Jr. (1986). ACM's seventeenth North American Computer-Chess Championship (NACCC). ICCA Journal, Vol. 9, No. 4 » ACM 1986
- Garth Courtois Jr., Ken Thompson (1987). ACM's 18th North American Computer-Chess Championship (NACCC). ICCA Journal, Vol. 10, No. 4 » ACM 1987
- Garth Courtois Jr. (1989). The Sixth World Computer-Chess Championship. ICCA Journal, Vol. 12, No. 2 » WCCC 1989
- Garth Courtois Jr. (1991). Where is Computer Chess Going? ICCA Journal, Vol. 14, No. 4 » ACM 1991
- Obituaries from the Alumni Association of the Michigan State University
- Garth Courtois Memorial Boulder Colorado, Event Summary