a private chess program by Bill MacLaughlin , written in C. Evaluator played the ACM 1994, where it ran on a 486 DX4 IBM PC at 100MHz with 8MiB RAM. The 131 KiB of executable code performed 6K nodes per second .
[Event "ACM 1994"] [Site "Cape May USA"] [Date "1994.06.27"] [Round "5"] [White "Evaluator"] [Black "WChess"] [Result "1-0"] 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.Bc4 Nc6 4.f3 Bc5 5.Nge2 Na5 6.Bb5 c6 7.Bd3 d5 8.a3 dxe4 9.Bxe4 Nc4 10.Bd3 Nd6 11.Na4 Nd7 12.b4 Bb6 13.Nxb6 Nxb6 14.O-O Be6 15.Re1 O-O 16.Bb2 Nbc4 17.Bc3 a5 18.bxa5 Qb8 19.f4 Qa7+ 20.Kh1 e4 21.Bxc4 Bxc4 22.Ng3 f5 23.d3 exd3 24.cxd3 Bd5 25.Qd2 Rf7 26.Rab1 h6 27.Nh5 Kh7 28.Qb2 Rg8 29.Qb6 Qa8 30.Re3 Nb5 31.Bb2 Qf8 32.a4 Nd6 33.Be5 g6 34.Ng3 Qe7 35.Qc5 Nc8 36.Qxe7 Rxe7 37.Re2 Rf8 38.Reb2 Rff7 39.Nf1 Rd7 40.Ne3 Be6 41.d4 g5 42.Rb4 Kg6 43.h3 Rh7 44.g3 Kh5 45.Kh2 Rhf7 46.R1b2 Rh7 47.Kg1 Kg6 48.Rb1 Rhf7 49.R4b2 Rfe7 50.Kg2 gxf4 51.gxf4 Kf7 52.Kh2 Kg8 53.Rc2 Na7 54.Rg2+ Kh7 55.a6 Nc8 56.Rc1 Na7 57.axb7 Rxb7 58.Rcg1 Nc8 59.a5 Na7 60.a6 Rbd7 61.Rg6 Nb5 62.Rf6 Nxd4 63.a7 Rxa7 64.Bxd4 Ra4 1-0
- Meta-circular evaluator from Wikipedia
- Object-code Buffer Overrun Evaluator from Wikipedia
- Evaluation (disambiguation) from Wikipedia
- Re: FIDE computer registration by Steven Edwards, rgcc, November 07, 1995
- The 24th ACM International Computer Chess Championship from The Computer History Museum
- "Evaluator recovered from an apparent typo in its opening book (f3 in a double-KP opening!?) to upset WChess", ACM Tournament - Final results by Hal Bogner, rgc, June 28, 1994