Evaluation Hash Table
An Evaluation Hash Table may be used in a similar fashion as the transposition table, that is using Zobrist- or BCH-hashing, to cache various computational expensive positional evaluation scores and flags. Despite the fact that the transposition table entries may contain evaluation scores as well, a tighter, dedicated evaluation hash table with its own replacement policy may gain a considerable amount of additional hits.
- Hash tables and data-cache, some programmer stuff... by Ed Schröder, CCC, January 17, 1998
- Evaluation cache by Klaus Friedel, Winboard Forum, April 03, 2006 » Snitch
- Stockfish 1.8 - eval cache by Ralph Stoesser, CCC, July 18, 2010 » Stockfish
- crafty eval cache by Alvaro Cardoso, CCC, January 01, 2016 » Crafty
- hash eval, hash pawn or twice ? by Daniel Anulliero, March 19, 2016 » Pawn Hash Table
- Using evaluation hash score as current bestscore (initial guess) by Vivien Clauzon, CCC, June 06, 2019