Edward A. Komissarchik,
a Russian born mathematician and computer scientist. He graduated from Moscow State University as a math professor and was researcher at the Institute for System Studies (VNIISI) in Moscow, who studied (chess) databases. Along with Aaron L. Futer he analyzed the endgame KQPKQ with white pawn on g7 (b7). Based on Zermelo's justification  they applied a retrograde analysis algorithm, using bitboards in coding the chess board.
Edward Komissarchik and his daughter Julia immigrated from Russia to the United States in 1990. The Komissarchiks, who took on Palo Alto, California built a jobs-search site to showcase their deep web-search technology and founded Glenbrook Networks  in 1999 .
- Edward Komissarchik, Aaron L. Futer (1974). Ob Analize Ferzevogo Endshpilya pri Pomoshchi EVM. (Analysis of a queen endgame using an IBM computer) Problemy Kybernetiki, Vol. 29, pp. 211-220. English translation by Christian Posthoff, revised in ICCA Journal, Vol. 9, No. 4
- A. G. Alexandrov, A. M. Baraev, Ya. Yu. Gol'fand, Edward Komissarchik, Aaron L. Futer (1977). Computer analysis of rook end game. Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, No. 8, 113–117
- A. G. Alexandrov, Vladimir Arlazarov, A. M. Baraev, Ya. Yu. Gol'fand, V. N. Deza, T. P. Il’ina, Edward Komissarchik, Anatoly Uskov, I. A. Faradzhev, Aaron L. Futer (1977). Processing of large files of information on the example of the analysis of the rook’s end game. Programming and Computer Software, No. 3
- Edward Komissarchik, Aaron L. Futer (1986). Computer Analysis of a Queen Endgame. ICCA Journal, Vol. 9, No. 4 
- Komissarchik É A from Math-Net.Ru
- US Patent for Knowledge-based speech recognition system and methods having frame length computed based upon estimated pitch period of vocalic intervals Patent (Patent # 5,799,276 issued August 25, 1998) by Edward Komissarchik, Vladimir Arlazarov, Michael G. Malkovsky, Julia Komissarchik, et al.
- Edward A. Komissarchik (born July 5, 1949), Russian computer scientist | Prabook
- Ernst Zermelo (1913). Über eine Anwendung der Mengenlehre auf die Theorie des Schachspiels Proc. Fifth Congress Mathematicians, (Cambridge 1912), Cambridge Univ. Press 1913, 501–504. Translation: On an Application of Set Theory to the Theory of the Game of Chess. see Appendix in Ulrich Schwalbe, Paul Walker (1997). Zermelo and the early history of game theory. pdf
- Julia Komissarchik | LinkedIn
- Safecrackers open up the "deep Web" by Michael Bazeley from The Seattle Times, September 5, 2005
- ICGA Reference Database (pdf)
- Subject: brute-force vs. intuition in math & chess by Bill Dubuque, August 1996