Edward W. (Ed) Kozdrowicki,
an American electrical engineer, computer scientist and early computer chess programmer. Along with his fellow Dennis Cooper, Ed Kozdrowicki already started chess programming in the 60s at University of Washington. Their program Coko, later affiliated with the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of California, Davis , played the very first ACM 1970 as well the ACM 1971, ACM 1972 and ACM 1973 respectively.
- Edward W. Kozdrowicki ('1967). An adaptive tree pruning system: A language for programming heuristic tree searches. ACM Proceedings of the 1968 23rd ACM national conference
- Edward W. Kozdrowicki, John S. Licwinko, Dennis W. Cooper (1971). Algorithms for a minimal chess player: A blitz player. International Journal of Man-Machine Studies, Vol 3, 2
- Edward W. Kozdrowicki, Dennis W. Cooper (1973). COKO III: the Cooper-Koz chess program. Communications of the ACM Vol. 16, 7
- Edward W. Kozdrowicki, Dennis W. Cooper (1973). COKO III and the future of inter-snap judgment communication. Proceedings of the ACM annual conference
- Edward W. Kozdrowicki, Dennis W. Cooper (1974). COKO III: The Cooper-Kozdrowicki chess program. International Journal of Man-Machine Studies Vol. 6, 6
- Edward W. Kozdrowicki, Douglas J. Theis (1980). Second Generation of Vector Supercomputers. Computer Vol 13, 11, ISSN0018.9162