[[Harm Geert Muller]] established a protocol Version 2 in September, 2009 <ref>[http://home.hccnet.nl/h.g.muller/engine-intf.html Chess Engine Communication Protocol] by [[Tim Mann]] & [[Harm Geert Muller|H.G. Muller]]</ref>, also covering [[Games|Chess Variants]] and different board sizes.
* [[Scid vs. PC]]
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=70502 Winboard state machine diagram] by [[Harald Lüßen]], [[CCC]], April 15, 2019
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71186 Xboard, CECP, how to handle long inits] by [[Srdja Matovic]], [[CCC]], July 04, 2019
: [http://walkofmind.com/programming/chess/xboard.htm Winboard/XBoard UML state diagram] by [[Alessandro Scotti]]
* [http://www.horizonchess.com/FAQ/Winboard/index.html FAQ on Winboard and Chess Engines] by [[Aaron Tay]]
reocities. com/ lyapko/winboard.htm Lyapko George's WinBoard related page] (outdated) by [[George Lyapko]] <ref>[http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46721 Tool to recreate PGN from winboard.debug?] by [[Sven Schüle]], [[CCC]], January 01, 2013</ref>
* [http://computer-chess.org/doku.php?id=winboard:faq:index Winboard and Chess Engines FAQ] from [[Ron Murawski|Ron Murawski's]] [http://computer-chess.org/doku.php?id=home Computer-Chess Wiki]
* [http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewforum.php?f=19 WinBoard development and bugfixing Forum]
'''[[Protocols|Up one Level]]'''