Richard C. T. Lee
Richard C. T. Lee (Chia-Tung Lee, Chyi-Tong Le),
a Taiwanese electrical engineer, computer scientiest and professor and former president of National Chi Nan University, Puli, Nantou, where he after the devastating 921 earthquake on 21 September 1999 led the three-day evacuation of the entire student body and the provisional relocation to the campus of National Taiwan University in Taipei . R. C. T. Lee is a humanitarian and has been serving the underprivileged since he was in the college  .
R. C. T. Lee was born in Shanghai, China, 1939. He received his B.S. degree in electrical engineering from the Department of Electrical Engineering of National Taiwan University in 1961, M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of California, Berkeley in 1963 and 1967 respectively. He worked for NCR, and along with Chin-Liang Chang, James R. Slagle, and John K. Dixon at National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland and Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D.C..
He returned to Taiwan in 1975 to start his teaching career in National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Providence University in Shalu, and since 1999 Chi Nan University  . His research interests includes a broad range of Symbolic Logic, Fuzzy Logic, Mechanical Theorem Proving, Pattern Recognition, Clustering Analysis, Database Design, and sequential and parallel Algorithm Design.
- James R. Slagle, Chin-Liang Chang, Richard C. T. Lee (1969). Completeness Theorems for Semantic Resolution In Consequence-Finding. IJCAI-69, pdf
- James R. Slagle, Chin-Liang Chang, Richard C. T. Lee (1970). A New Algorithm for Generating Prime Implicants. IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 19, No. 4
- James R. Slagle, Richard C. T. Lee (1971). Application of game tree searching techniques to sequential pattern recognition. Communications of the ACM, Vol. 14, No. 2
- Chin-Liang Chang, Richard C. T. Lee, John K. Dixon (1973). The Specialization of Programs by Theorem Proving. SIAM Journal on Computing, Vol 2, No. 1
- Chin-Liang Chang, Richard C. T. Lee (1973). Symbolic Logic and Mechanical Theorem Proving. Academic Press
- Richard C. T. Lee, S. S. Tseng, R. C. Chang, Y. T. Tsai (2005). Introduction to the Design and Analysis of Algorithms, a Strategic Approach. McGraw-Hill
- R. C. T. Lee from Wikipedia
- The Mathematics Genealogy Project - Chia-Tung Lee
- Transnational China Project Commentary: R.C.T. Lee on The Serious Problems Facing Mankind, September 15, 2000