Insomniac used various fractional extensions like one-reply-to-check extensions, and extends half a ply whenever there is a check in the tree . Concerning mate extensions after null move, there were some early problems with scores in the mate range , presumably due to failing-hard.
Insomniac had it tournament debut at the DOCCC 1999, and further played the WMCCC 2000 in London, the WCCC 2002 in Maastricht, ICT 2001, ICT 2002, DOCCC 2002 and the first four CCT Tournaments. The Insomniac team was completed by book author Josef Zwinger.
- Insomniac by James Robertson, CCC, September 25, 1999
- Insomniac by K1, Winboard Forum, May 03, 2000
- To James Robertson: About Insomniac by Arturo Ochoa, CCC, August 28, 2000
- Insomniac downs Shredder in round 3! by James Robertson, CCC, May 26, 2001 » CCT3
- Position from Insomniac - Deep Junior by Amir Ban, CCC, January 27, 2002 » CCT4
- Insomniac (disambiguation) from Wikipedia
- Insomniac Games from Wikipedia
- Insomnia from Wikipedia
- Insomnia (disambiguation) from Wikipedia
- Aziza Mustafa Zadeh - Insomnia (2000), YouTube Video