a Taiwanese computer scientist affiliated with the National Taiwan Normal University. His research interests covers machine learning and computer games, where he is author and co-author of Chinese Dark Chess, Surakarta, Othello and Nonogram playing and solving programs, participating and winning at ICGA and TAAI tournaments.
Along with Shun-Shii Lin and Chih-Hung Chen, Yen-Chi Chen elaborated on an exact-win strategy for overcoming AlphaZero in a Monte-Carlo Tree Search, that makes use of sub-tree's information (WIN, LOSS, DRAW, and UNKNOWN) to prune unneeded moves to increase the opportunities of discovering the critical moves .
- Chih Hung Chen, Shun-Shii Lin, Yen Chi Chen (2017). An algorithmic design and implementation of outer-open gomoku. ICCCS 2017
- Yen-Chi Chen, Jia-Fong Yeh, Shun-Shii Lin (2018). Design and implementation aspects of a Surakarta program. CG 2018, ICGA Journal, Vol. 40, No. 4
- Yen-Chi Chen, Chih-Hung Chen, Shun-Shii Lin (2018). Exact-Win Strategy for Overcoming AlphaZero. CIIS 2018
- Yen-Chi Chen, Shun-Shii Lin (2019). A fast nonogram solver that won the TAAI 2017 and ICGA 2018 tournaments. ICGA Journal, Vol. 41, No. 1
- Yen-Chi Chen | LinkedIn
- Yen-Chi Chen | National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei | NTNU | Department of Computer science & Information Engineering