Difference between revisions of "Saitek PC Auto Chessboard"
(Created page with "'''Home * User Interface * Sensory Board * Saitek PC Auto Chessboard''' FILE:SaitekPCBoard.jpg|border|right|thumb|link=http://www.schaakcomputers.nl/h...")
Latest revision as of 14:46, 18 May 2020
Saitek PC Auto Chessboard, (Kasparov PC Auto Chessboard, Mephisto PC Schachbrett)
a magnetic sensory wooden chess board released by Saitek in 1995 as dedicated chess user interface for the IBM PC, connected via the parallel port. The board was no own development but the housing of the Saitek President , and was bundled with Ed Schröder's MS-DOS program Mephisto Advantage  and was further compatible with Genius 3, Fritz 3, Rebel 6 and subsequent versions, and Virtua Chess. The board was shipped under the well known Mephisto trademark in German speaking countries as Mephisto PC Schachbrett, after Saitek acquired Hegener & Glaser in 1994. Nicolas Cominetti has written a WinBoard driver dubbed Autowb, hosted by Tim Mann , that made the Saitek Board WinBoard compatible.
- FA Kasparov PC Auto chessboard by Saitek by Larry Oliver, CCC, January 25, 2006
- Saitek PC Auto chessboard Art. No. 573 by Barrie Miller, CCC, February 17, 2006
- Kasparov PC Auto Chessboard by Murat, Hiarcs Forum, December 12, 2015
- Mephisto PC Schachbrett from Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Sale & Swap 2013 - Part 2 by Mike Watters, Image of Saitek PC Auto Chessboard