Difference between revisions of "Mephisto Vancouver"
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
Latest revision as of 18:25, 10 April 2020
a set of dedicated chess computer modules by Hegener & Glaser for their Mephisto module systems with a program by Richard Lang, the successor of Mephisto Lyon on the way from Psion to Chess Genius collecting World Microcomputer Chess Championship titles. The seventh title of Richard Lang under the aegis of Mephisto or vice versa at the WMCCC 1991 in Vancouver in the Manufacturers group was per default, since there were no other competitors. In the Software group, Mephisto X aka Vancouver only became third. For a long time, since the WMCCC 1983, no Lang or Mephisto program won the microcomputer title in the software or commercial group - it was Ed Schröder's Gideon on an ARM2 plugin card, followed by Marty Hirsch's MChess on a PC, heralding an end of an era.
Improvements of the Mephisto Vancouver over the Lyon after only five months between the WMCCC 1990 and 1991, was due to tweaked evaluation with enhanced pawn structure knowledge and center control considerations, Vancouver will also recognize more lost pawn engings statically. The opening book was extended to 150,000 moves in 17,000 variations. The program has many options supported by the revised user interface dialogue system, to configure search and evaluation parameters, such as selectivity, relative point values and contempt factor.
|Processor||MHz||ROM [Kib]||RAM [Kib]|
|68030 TM||36-66||256|| 2048|
- 1.Vancouver 68020 - ChessTiger14.5 palm 0-1 PGN by Thorsten Czub, CCC, August 18, 2001 » Chess Tiger
- Odds game Chessmaster 9000 vs. Mephisto Vancouver by Peter Kasinski, CCC, February 28, 2004 » Chessmaster, The King
- Playing Vancouver 16 bits in a Munchen console by Fernando Villegas, CCC, October 28, 2005
- Richard Lang World Champion Emulation by Bryan Whitby, CCC, July 07, 2009 » Phoenix Chess Systems, Resurrection, Revelation
- Mephisto Vancouver Exclusive Problem by BlackSails911, Hiarcs Forum, January 27, 2015
- Mephisto's ICGA Tournaments (including Vancouver)
- Mephisto (H&G) World Machine (WM) Vancouver (68030RC50B) by Hans van Mierlo, ChessEval, January 2014
- XI World Microcomputer Chess Championship VANCOUVER 1991, ChessEval, July 2014
- Module Vancouver 16 Bit from The Spacious Mind
- Mephisto Almeria Turniermaschine from Chess Computer UK by Mike Watters » Mephisto Almeria
- Mephisto Vancouver 68000 from Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Mephisto Vancouver 68020 from Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Mephisto TM Vancouver from Schachcomputer.info Wiki (German)
- Comp Vancouver vs. Kraus (2025) - Dortmund 1993 » Oliver Kraus