a chess program by John Poduska Jr. written in Pascal. In 1981 it searched about 1000 Nodes per second on a 68000 based Apollo workstation  . It competed twice at ACM North American Computer Chess Championships, the ACM 1981 and ACM 1982.
from Chess and Machine Intuition :
After a first round debacle at the 1982 North American Computer Championship, John Poduska achived a computer chess version of a fingerfehler - the quick, obvious move that happens to be wrong - with a too-hasty repair, after which he could only watch with dismay as his program played the worst moves it could find.
- Chaturanga from Wikipedia
- Chessays - Ashtapada and cosmology by Prof. Rangachar Vasantha, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India
- The Twelfth ACM's North American Computer Chess Championship, pdf from The Computer History Museum
- George Atkinson (1998). Chess and Machine Intuition. Intellect Ltd. pp 63
- History of chess from Wikipedia