better replace : by **, or leave them as they are, since : after a * line indicates a kind of tree hierarchy
About the page : Tournaments and Matches
About the page : https://www.chessprogramming.org/Tournaments_and_Matches Especially the section "Man Computer Tournaments"
Still to add to chessprogramming.org :
- Deep Thought 2 scored 2.5 against 7 strong players (average : 2514) , Hannover 1991
- Oviedo rapid 1993 with The King and Genius :
- Intel Rapid Chess Grand Prix 1994, London - ChessGenius eliminated Kasparov to reach the semifinal
- Intel World Chess Express Challenge blitz tournament in Munich, Germany May 19–20, 1994 ...17 GMs with an Elo average of 2625, an one computer running Fritz 3, played a round robin blitz tournament in Munich, Germany. The hardware was an Olivetti with the latest Intel processor, a Pentium 90 MHz, one of only three such powerful machines in Europe. To everyone's surprise Fritz beat GMs Chernin, Anand, Cvitan, Gelfand, Wojtkiewicz, Hjartarson, Kasparov, Kramnik and Short (in that order) to finish equal first with Kasparov. In the playoff a very determined Kasparov demolised the machine 4:1.
- Kasparov vs Genius, the revenge in 1995 in Cologne: Revenge was on Garry’s mind when he played his first computer match against Genius in Cologne. The previous year, in 1994, Genius, a computer program..., had defeated the world champion... So Garry came to the 1995 match hoping to avenge the previous year’s defeat. It was a two-game match. Kasparov started off with White and opened 1.c4. Genius turned it into a QGD Slav defense. This game is a wonderful illustration of how a Grandmaster can slowly but surely beat a computer. Move by move, Garry gained the initiative and Genius lost the game. He drew dutifully with Black and won the match. He had got his revenge.
Analyze with eval : https://lichess.org/RvtrlXpQ
- Copa_Samanel : with Rebel, Chessmaster and HIARCS :
1997, open tournament :
1998, close tournament :
- Rebel Vs titled from 1997 to 2002
1997 Rebel vs Yusupov 1998 Rebel vs Anand REBEL versus GM Michael Rohde at May 22, 1999 GM Sorín vs REBEL at July 3, 1999. GM Michael Rohde versus REBEL at August 14, 1999. REBEL versus GM Alejandro Hoffman at September 4, 1999. REBEL against Lithuania at September 18, 1999. Game analysis Antanas Zapolskis - Rebel Century Rebel Century - GM Ruslan Scherbakov at October 2, 1999 REBEL against Lithuania at October 15, 1999. GM Alexander Baburin versus REBEL at December 4, 1999. GM Ruslan Scherbakov - Rebel Century at January 8, 2000 Four game match between IM Guil Russek and Rebel Century. REBEL in the Israeli League in 2000, 8 games From January 2-4 and January 9-11, 2001 REBEL will play a 6 game match against GM John van der Wiel. http://www.rebel.nl/rebwiel.htm From February 19 till February 22, 2002 REBEL played a 4 game match against GM Loek van Wely who has an elo rating of 2714! http://www.rebel.nl/reb-wely.htm https://www.stmintz.com/ccc/index.php?id=215318
- Frankfurt Ordix Open 1998, Rapid 25 min with Fritz 5 on a Siemens Nixdorf Primergy 460 NT server (1 x Intel Pentium II 300 MHz)
- Frankfurt-West Masters 1999, rapid, with Fritz 6 on Primergy 870 (4 x Intel Xeon 550 MHz).
- Frankfurt Chess Classic 2000 with Fritz on Primergy K800 (8 x Pentium III Xeon 700 MHz).
When the organizers of the Frankfurt Classic wheeled in (and we mean wheeled in!) the latest Fujitsu Siemens K800 computer with Fritz on it, there was an audible gasp from the audience as the "monster" was unveiled on the stage.
Weighing in at an incredible 250Kg and looking every bit like an oversized family refrigerator (only just as cool), this particular monster had eight processors, each running at 700 MHz, and is the fastest NT server in the world. This gives Fritz the power to search at the record rate of 2.8 million positions per second.
- Debrecen open 1998 with a lot of computers
- Dutch Championship 2000 with Fritz (perf=2635) :
- Israeli league allows 1 computer in team in 2000 :
- Closed titled tournaments Republica Argentina in Argentina with 1 engine :
2001 with ChessTiger : https://www.rebel.nl/resu.htm
2002 with HIARCS : https://en.chessbase.com/post/human-triumphs-over-hiarcs-8-just
2004 with Shredder : https://en.chessbase.com/post/a-double-victory-for-shredder-8-in-argentina
2005 with Shredder : https://theweekinchess.com/html/twic560.html#5 and https://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess.pl?tid=47554
2006 with ZAP!Chess : https://theweekinchess.com/html/twic617.html#19
- Copa Mercosur with Pocket Fritz
2008, Perf=2690 : https://theweekinchess.com/html/twic718.html#12
2009, Perf=2898 : https://www.hiarcs.com/games/mercosur2009/mercosur09.html and https://theweekinchess.com/html/twic771.html#13 and https://en.chessbase.com/post/breakthrough-performance-by-pocket-fritz-4-in-buenos-aires
- 28th Dortmund Sparkassen Chess Meeting (July 7 – 16, 2000) with Junior
From 2001 to 2004, Chessbase organised a lot of match H vs C : These are the results Martin has achieved with his super computer:
Time controls 120 min + 10 min rest 26.12.01 Deep Junior 7 GM Pablo Zarnicki (ARG) 1-0 10.09.01 Deep Junior 7 GM Alexey Dreev (RUS) draw 04.07.01 Deep Shredder 5 GM Alexey Dreev (RUS) draw 30.05.01 Deep Fritz GM Pablo Zarnicki (ARG) draw 05.08.01 Deep Fritz GM Alexey Dreev (RUS) 0-1 01.08.01 Shredder 5 GM Pablo Zarnicki (ARG) draw 16.03.01 Shredder 5 GM Pablo Zarnicki (ARG) 1-0 04.03.01 Shredder 6 GM James Plaskett (ENG) 0-1 17.02.02 Shredder 5 GM Alexey Dreev (RUS) 0-1 21.02.02 Shredder 5 GM Alexey Dreev (RUS) 0-1 21.09.02 Shredder 6 GM Petr Kiriakov (RUS) 1-0 : https://en.chessbase.com/post/shredder-wins-first-game-against-gm-kiriakov 27.09.02 Shredder 6 GM Petr Kiriakov (RUS) 0-1 14.01.03 Shredder 7 GM Sergey Volkov (RUS) 1-0 15.01.03 Shredder 7 GM Sergey Volkov (RUS) 1-0 : https://en.chessbase.com/post/deep-shredder-cuts-2642-super-gm-to-strips 29.12.03 Deep Fritz 8 GM Sergey Volkov (RUS) 1-0 : https://en.chessbase.com/post/man-vs-the-mean-martin-mller-machine 30.12.03 Deep Fritz 8 GM Sergey Volkov (RUS) 1-0 : https://en.chessbase.com/post/deep-fritz-defeats-gm-volkov 13.06.04 Shredder 8 GM Petr Kiriakov (RUS) draw : https://en.chessbase.com/post/kiriakov-tames-the-monster 13.06.04 Shredder 8 GM Petr Kiriakov (RUS) draw : https://en.chessbase.com/post/petr-kiriakov-vs-the-monster-machine
Time controls 60 min + 30 min rest 16.08.01 DF -GM Sergej Volkov (RUS) draw Time controls 60 min + 0 min rest 26.05.01 Deep Fritz-GM Pablo Zarnicki(ARG) 1-0 26.05.01 Deep Fritz-GM Pablo Zarnicki(ARG) draw
+ Ilya Smirin vs 4 engines (5-3) :
+ Boris Gulko vs 4 engines (3-5) :
+ GM Peter Acs vs Shredder in 2003
+ Shredder vs the Swiss National Team July 26, 2002 to July 29
- Larry Christiansen vs. Chessmaster 9000 (September 2002) : 1.5-2.5
- Indochess Match - Titled players vs Machines : 1.5-14.5 in 2005 :
- Match vs GM Ehlvest 7/09/2005: Zappa scored 3 / 4 to win the match.
External links should be placed under the page (many Computer vs Human data) :
- Games Kasparov vs computers here : https://www.mark-weeks.com/aboutcom/mw00j15.htm
- Still a lot of human vs computer games/tournaments/events :
History of Fritz in French :