no edit summary
* N is the number of test positions.
* Ri is the result of the game corresponding to position i; 0 for black win, '''0.5''' for draw and '''1''' for white win.
* qi or qScore corresponding to position i, is the [[Score|
value]] returned by the chess engine [[Quiescence Search|quiescence]] function. The algorithm assumes the qScore function is [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deterministic_system deterministic]. If [[Transposition Table|transposition tables]] or the [[History Heuristic|history heuristic]] is used in the qScore function this may not be the case.
* [[FILE:TexelTuneMathSigmoid.jpg|none|middle]] [[FILE:SigmoidTexelTune.gif|right|frameless|link=http://wolfr.am/1al3d5B]]
: <ref>[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmoid_function Sigmoid function from Wikipedia]</ref> <ref>[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic_function Logistic function from Wikipedia]</ref> <ref>see also winning probability W in [[Pawn Advantage, Win Percentage, and Elo]]</ref> <ref>[http://wolfr.am/1al3d5B log-linear 1 / (1 + 10^(-s/4)) , s=-10 to 10] plot by [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfram_Alpha Wolfram Alpha]</ref>
* [[Eval Tuning in Deep Thought]]
* [[Michael Buro#GLEM|GLEM]] by [[Michael Buro]]
* [[Point Value by Regression Analysis]]
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65799 tuning for the uninformed] by [[Folkert van Heusden]], [[CCC]], November 23, 2017
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65881 how to create a labeled epd from pgn?] by [[Erin Dame]], [[CCC]], December 02, 2017 » [[Extended Position Description|EPD]], [[Portable Game Notation|PGN]]
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67893 Texel Tuning] by Tamás Kuzmics, [[CCC]], July 03, 2018