no edit summary
a series of chess programs published by [[ChessBase]], until Fritz '''13''' the engine developed by primary author [[Frans Morsch]] and [[Mathias Feist]],
Deep Fritz '''14''' released in November 2013 by [[Gyula Horváth]] <ref>[http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50149 New Fritz author?] by John Hartmann, [[CCC]], November 19, 2013</ref>,
Fritz '''15''' and '''16''' in November 2015 and 2017 by [[Vasik Rajlich]] <ref>[https://shop.chessbase.com/en/products/fritz_15_english Fritz 15 - English Version], [[ChessBase|ChessBase Shop]]</ref>,and Fritz '''17''' in November 2019 by [[Frank Schneider]]
, with the inclusion of [[Fat Fritz]] featuring a new set of custom made [[Neural Networks|neural network]] weights that work in the open-source project [[Leela Chess Zero]] <ref>[https://en.chessbase.com/post/fritz-17-with-fat-fritz-and-goodies Introducing Fritz 17 with Fat Fritz and other goodies], [[ChessBase|ChessBase News]], November 12, 2019</ref>.
Fritz 1-13 were based on Frans Morsch's program [[Quest]], and was first marketed by ChessBase in 1991 as [[MS-DOS]] program with its own [[GUI|Graphical User Interface]] <ref>[https://en.chessbase.com/post/christmas-dinner-on-a-train-meet-the-chebase-team Christmas dinner on a train – meet the ChessBase team] from [[ChessBase|ChessBase News]], December 23, 2003</ref> . Since version 4, released in 1996, Fritz ran on [[Windows]], and is until today one the world’s most popular and successful chess programs. At the [[WCCC 1995]], Fritz became World Computer Chess Champion, winning a [[#DBlueFritz|notable game]] versus [[Deep Blue]] [https://www.game-ai-forum.org/icga-tournaments/program.php?id=349 prototype] <ref>[[Fabian Mäser]] ('''1995'''). ''Fritz vs. [[Deep Blue]]: Opening Book vs, Opening Book''. [[Computer Chess Reports|Computer Chess Reports Vol. 5 No. 2]] pp. 22, [[WCCC 1995]]</ref> and the [[#Playoff|playoff]] <ref>[https://www.game-ai-forum.org/icga-tournaments/round.php?tournament=29&round=6&id=1 Shatin 1995, Chess, Round 6, Game 1]</ref> against [[Star Socrates]].
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68458 Fritz 13 SE?] by [[Steve Maughan]], [[CCC]], September 16, 2018
* [http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72170 Fritz 17] by sainzlei, [[CCC]], October 25, 2019
* [https://en.chessbase.com/post/fritz-16-a-fun-and-instructive-opponent Fritz 16 — a fun and instructive opponent] by [[Albert Silver]], [[ChessBase|ChessBase News]], December 11, 2017
* [https://en.chessbase.com/post/fritz-17-with-fat-fritz-and-goodies Introducing Fritz 17 with Fat Fritz and other goodies], [[ChessBase|ChessBase News]], November 12, 2019
* [https://new.uschess.org/news/fat-fritz-fritz-17-review-i/ Fat Fritz and Fritz 17: A Review (Part I)] by [https://en.chessbase.com/author/john-hartmann John Hartmann], [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Chess_Federation US Chess], November 17, 2019