Raphael A. Finkel,
an American computer scientist from the University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky with former appointment at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. Beside a lot of other things, his research interests covers parallel search algorithms, including the predecessors of Principal Variation Search, as summarized in his student's, John Philip Fishburn's, Ph.D. Thesis Analysis of Speedup in Distributed Algorithms .
- Marvin Solomon, Raphael Finkel (1980). A Note on Enumerating Binary Trees. Journal of the ACM, Vol. 27, No. 1
- Raphael Finkel, Marvin Solomon (1980). Processor Interconnection Strategies. IEEE Transactions on Computers 1980
- Raphael Finkel, Marvin Solomon (1980). The Arachne Kernel. Version 1.2 Technical Report 380, University of Wisconsin-Madison, pdf
- Raphael Finkel, John Philip Fishburn (1980). Parallel Alpha-Beta Search on Arachne. IEEE International Conference on Parallel Processing, pp. 235-243.
- Raphael Finkel, John Philip Fishburn (1982). Parallelism in Alpha-Beta Search. Artif. Intell. 19(1): 89-106
- Raphael Finkel, John Philip Fishburn (1983). Improved Speedup Bounds for Parallel Alpha-Beta Search. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 89 - 92
- Raphael Finkel (1988). An Operating Systems Vade Mecum. (2. ed.) Prentice Hall, amazon
- Jaleh Rezaie, Raphael Finkel (1992). A comparison of some parallel game-tree search algorithms. University of Kentucky
- Raphael Finkel (1996). Advanced Programming Language Design. Addison-Wesley-Longman
- Raphael Finkel (1997). What Is an Operating System? The Computer Science and Engineering Handbook 1997
- Raphael A. Finkel - Homepage
- Raphael Finkel from Wikipedia
- The Mathematics Genealogy Project - Raphael Finkel