an Iranian electrical engineer, software developer and computer chess programmer. He studied electrical engineering at Amirkabir University of Technology in Tehran, and also focused on software and hardware development, as well on topics in artificial intelligence such as neural networks . In about 2002, Rahman Paidar started chess programming and working at his own chess engine Ktulu. The first version was written in Turbo Pascal under MS-DOS, followed by subsequent Windows versions.
- Ktulu Chess by Rahman Paidar by Tim Mann, Winboard Forum, April 05, 2003
- To Stefan Knappe by Rahman Paidar, Winboard Forum, June 21, 2003 » Futility Pruning, Matador
- Just a thank by Rahman Paidar, Winboard Forum, July 27, 2003
- Ktulu 4.1 and 4.2 by Rahman Paidar, Winboard Forum, December 29, 2003
- Ktulu 5.0 by Rahman Paidar commercial available around April 22th, 2004! by Frank Quisinsky, CCC, April 15, 2004
- Ktulu 6.2 will be released soon, Interview with Rahman Paidar by Frank Quisinsky, Arena News-Ticker 80, March 15, 2005 (Wayback Machine)
- SWCR: Ktulu 9.03 Ergebnisse ..., Frank's Chess Page, News-Ticker 096, March 24, 2010, hosted by Schachwelt (German)