an Indian American computer engineer and blockchain / distributed ledger systems architect . Omar Syed is inventor of the game of Arimaa and founder/CEO of Arimaa.com  . Syed was inspired by Garry Kasparov's defeat from Deep Blue to design a new game which could be played with a standard chess set, would be difficult for computers to play well, but would have rules simple enough for his then four-year-old son Aamir to understand.
- Omar Syed (1995). Applying Genetic Algorithms to Recurrent Neural Networks for Learning Network Parameters and Architecture. M.Sc. Thesis, Case Western Reserve University
- Omar Syed, Aamir Syed (2003). Arimaa - A New Game Designed to be Difficult for Computers. ICGA Journal, Vol. 26, No. 2
- Omar Syed, Jeroen Donkers (2004). The Arimaa match. ICGA Journal, Vol. 27, No. 2
- Omar Syed, Jeroen Donkers (2005). The 2nd Arimaa Challenge Match. ICGA Journal, Vol. 28, No. 2
- Omar Syed (2009). The 6th Annual Arimaa Computer World Championship. ICGA Journal, Vol. 32, No. 1
- Omar Syed (2009). The 6th Annual Arimaa Challenge Match. ICGA Journal, Vol. 32, No 2