Marvin Harry Solomon,
an American mathematician, computer scientist and professor at University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin. He holds a Ph.D. with the thesis title Theoretical Issues in the Implementation of Programming Languages , 1977 from Cornell University . His research interests covers object-oriented database systems, software development support environments, distributed operating systems, computer networks, design and implementation of programming languages, and programming language theory . In 1989 and 1990, along with his Ph.D. student Igor Steinberg, he published on Steinberg's thesis topic of Design and Analysis of Parallel Algorithms for Game-Tree Search .
- Marvin Solomon (1977). Theoretical issues in the implementation of programming languages. Ph.D. thesis, Cornell University
- Marvin Solomon, Raphael Finkel (1980). A Note on Enumerating Binary Trees. Journal of the ACM, Vol. 27, No. 1
- Raphael Finkel, Marvin Solomon (1980). Processor Interconnection Strategies. IEEE Transactions on Computers 1980
- Raphael Finkel, Marvin Solomon (1980). The Arachne Kernel. Version 1.2 Technical Report 380, University of Wisconsin-Madison, pdf
- Igor Steinberg, Marvin Solomon (1989). Searching Game Trees in Parallel. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Technical report 877, pdf
- Igor Steinberg, Marvin Solomon (1990). Searching Game Trees in Parallel. International Conference on Parallel Processing, Volume 3, 1990, CiteSeerX