a Japanese computer scientist at KDDI R&D, Ph.D. in 2011 from Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST)  . He was member of Hiroyuki Iida's games laboratory , and is co-author of Tacos, the four times Gold medal winner at Computer Olympiads , the Connect6 program NOMI6, and the Go playing program Nomitan, an UCT based original program using an evaluation function optimized to game records of professional players.
- Junichi Hashimoto, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Hiroyuki Iida (2007). Context Killer Heuristic and Its Application to Computer Shogi. CGW 2007 » Killer Heuristic
- Junichi Hashimoto (2007). Tacos wins Shogi tournament. ICGA Journal, Vol. 30, No. 3 » 12th Computer Olympiad
- Toru Ueda, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Junichi Hashimoto, Hiroyuki Iida (2008). Weak Proof-Number Search. CG 2008
- Junichi Hashimoto (2009). Tacos wins Shogi tournament. ICGA Journal, Vol. 32, No. 2 » 14th Computer Olympiad
- Takayuki Yajima, Tsuyoshi Hashimoto, Toshiki Matsui, Junichi Hashimoto, Kristian Spoerer (2010). Node-Expansion Operators for the UCT Algorithm. CG 2010
- Junichi Hashimoto (2011). A Study on Game-Independent Heuristics in Game-Tree Search. Ph.D. thesis, JAIST
- Junichi Hashimoto, Akihiro Kishimoto, Kazuki Yoshizoe, Kokolo Ikeda (2011). Accelerated UCT and Its Application to Two-Player Games. Advances in Computer Games 13