a Japanese Go programmer and author of the Go playing program Fudo, formerly known as GGMC Go , and along with primary author Yoji Ojima co-author of the world class Go playing program DeepZen  applying MCTS using big patterns and root parallelization on a PC cluster, and its commercial version Tencho no Igo  .
- Cheng-Wei Chou, Ching-Nung Lin, Shi-Jim Yen, Hideki Kato, Jr-Chang Chen (2013). The 6th GPW Cup 9x9 and 13x13 Computer Go Tournaments. ICGA Journal, Vol. 36, No. 1
- Hideki Kato's ICGA Tournaments
- Details of Programmer: Kato, Hideki Computer Go information
- Photo Galleries by Hideki Kato
- Beijing 2008 » 13th Computer Olympiad
- Pamplona 2009 » 14th Computer Olympiad
- Kanazawa 2010 » 15th Computer Olympiad