a fully developed, commercial Windows chess GUI market by Lokasoft, incorporating its native chess engine LChess and supporting any WinBoard or UCI compatible chess engine via its internal adapter. ChessPartner evolved from the LChess GUI by Lex Loep and Ger Neef, ported to Windows 3.0 in 1991 .
ChessPartner features as client for online play with various Chess Server to challenge and play against other human players or engines.
ChessPartner has its own proprietary database format and also supports Portable Game Notation. Its opening book manager handels up to eight books in parallel and supports book learning. Further, ChessPartner can query Nalimov endgame tablebases
The ChessPartner GUI consists of a frame window, with caption-, status-, and customizable menu- and toolbar, and a workspace with multiple views on the current game document, board window, optionally a 3D Board with 3D-piece bitmaps, notation-, score-history-, search- and book statistics, chess clock-, and chess server console windows.
ChessPartner 6, 3D pieces 
- ChessPartner 4.0 available by Lex Loep, rgcc, October 09, 1998
- ChessPartner 4.1 released by Lex Loep, CCC, March 31, 1999
- ChessPartner 4.2 available by Lex Loep, rgcc, October 11, 1999
- ChessPartner 4.2 interface by Robert Hyatt, CCC, January 17, 2000
- ChessPartner Summer updates + Java chess by Lex Loep, CCC, July 11, 2000 » Java
- ChessPartner 5.0 available by Lex Loep, CCC, November 19, 2000
- ChessPartner 5.1 released by Lex Loep, CCC, October 08, 2001
- Pocket ChessPartner 1.0 released by Lex Loep, CCC, November 25, 2001
- Chesspartner and other GUIs by Russell Reagan, CCC, September 20, 2003
- ChessPartner 6 released by end of January by Marek Soszynski, CCC, January 09, 2009
- Opinions of ChessPartner 6.0 by Ted Summers, CCC, February 05, 2009
- ChessPartner - Lokasoft - Home of ChessPartner
- ChessPartner 6.0: online manual
- History of ChessPartner - Lokasoft - Home of ChessPartner
- Mobile ChessPartner - Lokasoft - Home of ChessPartner
- ChessPartner ios - Lokasoft - Home of ChessPartner
- Chesspartner stuff by Fonzy Bluemers