an Italian/Swiss computer scientist and lead application developer , born and living in Switzerland. He graduated in computer science and mathematics from ETH Zurich in 1999. As computer chess programmer and founding member of the Gruppo Scacchi e Informatica, Alessandro is author of the chess engine Fortress  and creator of Rotated Indices, a deconcentrated version of Rotated Bitboards .
- Re: Rotated bitboards by Alessandro Damiani, rgcc, October 31, 1997
- futility cut-offs by Alessandro Damiani, rgcc, November 14, 1997
- Pondering and XBoard, WinBoard by Alessandro Damiani, CCC, July 07, 1998 » Chess Engine Communication Protocol
- New Version: FORTRESS V1.5, the new Morphy? by Alessandro Damiani, CCC, January 15, 1999
- Natural move generation with bitboards (was Re:significant math) by Alessandro Damiani, CCC, November 20, 2002
- Re: Resources about rotated bitboards by Alessandro Damiani, CCC, January 16, 2004
- Negative Plausibility Move Ordering by Alessandro Damiani, CCC, July 09, 2009 » Relative History Heuristic